Tuesday, October 18, 2005

People Come In All Shapes and Sizes



Sometimes I work for a woman that owns a large size clothing company. The clothes she makes are elegant, stylish, expensive, and very, very large!
This skirt is made with embroidered and beaded silk. I had to remove about 1,000 beads in order to prevent sewing over them. Still, I broke 7 needles!
This might seem a little mean, i'm not trying to be mean, I just wanted to show my 4 readers what I was working on all day yesterday.....(actually, we had room for one more person in there, but we needed her to take the picture for us).
Speaking of sizes...note the height difference between Mr Ratburn and I!

PS If you are Bucky, please scroll down!


8 comments:

Bsoholic said...

That indeed is a large skirt. dizamn!

Logophile said...

whoa,
that is amazing.
Good pic!
Nice skirt, good sewing job!

The Village Idiot said...

Ok Scratch that(inner editor is kicking may ass ere)...instead. Wow. look at that workmanship. I have a sail i need made and i see you can work on a large scale

lime said...

holy crap! that is a skirt of epic proportions!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow!!!! 7 needles - that's a lot of work!

Drywall Mom said...

I did not know that someone could fit into something that large. You just make me feel skinny again showing me that skirt. Thank you.

Drywall Mom said...

Oh, and really good work on the skirt.

S said...

BTW, that skirt sold for $550.00...woweeeee!!!