Thursday, October 13, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday!


This weeks assignment was to post the best pic you've ever taken of someone or something, the best picture of yourself and why you think it is, and a favorite picture that someone else took, painted or doodled. I chose two of each! Happy SPF!

Here is the best picture that I have ever taken of my daughter, while posing in a really cool kids park in Berkeley Marina! Doesn't she look lovely? I had this blown up into an 18 x 20, and have it on a yellow wall that matches the daisies! (We won't talk about the allergy attack that happened after romping around in this little patch!)


This is my favorite picture of Rio, my fruit eating dog! She eats blackberries and grapes right off the vines! What a silly dog! You might notice her unbreakable dog tie out cable...Rio also likes to eat small animals and sometimes even children! (J/K about the children)


I chose this photo because, while I look like crap, I think it is an awesome picture of this saucy Indian lady and her mom, looking on. She insisted on pulling my hair back into a tight ponytail to fasten the jasmine as all proper Indian women do. She reminded me of my mom, the way she yanked and tugged at my hair! Just look at that expression, while her mom has this, "that sassy daughter of mine, there she goes again" look! I was laughing so hard! Hard to believe, but this photo was taken in Mysore, just the day before the one below. What a difference a day makes!

You know, I just felt too cute this day, with Indian jasmine in my hair! It was a lovely December morning in Mysore, India.....I was on my way to the palace with a fellow traveler when this shot was taken. As you can see, I'm just too rosy and shiny for my own good, and I am wearing the jasmine the way I want to!



I love this picture that my daughter drew! It's about 3 feet square, and it's on the closet door in her bedroom. It so captures the happiness that dancing brings to her life! Go, Hannah, go!



This is a picture of Tori that was sketched by a friend of mine in UK.
Her little sister asked her to draw a picture of Tori, and so she whipped this one right out!
We all loved the simplicity of it, and with the help of Cafe Press, we all got tshirts with this art on it! To us, it just captured Tori's piano attack perfectly! Notice the drool, which Tori often does while playing. I just love this!


Happy Stuff Portrait Friday!

Wanna know more about SPF?Go see Kristine athttp://www.randomandodd.blogspot.com/Come on, all the cool kids are doing it!!

9 comments:

Bsoholic said...

Those are all great!

I could go for some watermelon now though, think your dog will mind? j/k

MrsDoF said...

Beautiful Pictures! The drawing of the dancer is so simple, yet tells so much. You and the Indian ladies is a great photograph.
I love going to SPF, but have been too busy to do it myself the last few Fridays.
I'm glad to have visited yours.

lime said...

oh those are great, suse! that pic of hannah is really lovely!

Logophile said...

Lovin' it!!
Your daughter is so beautiful, your dog is gorgeous and I really like the jasmine your way better!
:-P

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, thanks to HNT.

And that Tori pic is very cool. I was listening to her just this morning. I have seen her live a few times and that attack is dead on.

Have a nice day.

Stephanie said...

I love your pictures! Your daughter is beautiful!! I hope that pic is in a frame somewhere - it is that great!!

Scanner dead - I cannot play!

CozyMama said...

your daughter is gorgeous!!!

Bsoholic said...

I wasn't going to say anything, but now that another guy has said he likes Tori, I guess I will to. She rocks! Not something I tell many people, but what the hell. I just didn't want anyone to question my manhood. LOL.

Fav. songs from her = 'China', 'I Can't see New York' , and of course 'Silent All These Years' and many others.

shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Doug Bagley said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.