Monday, October 03, 2005

ME ME ME ME ME MEEEEEE!!!!


#I don't know what.....
I make an asskicking blackberry pie....so for ME ME ME Monday, I'm gonna share it with you all....

Aunt Jeanne’s Best Pie Crust
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
5-7 tablespoons ice water
Sift flour & salt together, add shortening and cut well. Add ice water, cut again. Roll into two soft balls. Roll out each ball on a floured surface. Makes two crusts for one pie or two bottom crusts for cobbler.


Wild Blackberry Pie
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 ½ cups fresh blackberries
Combine sugar, flour and salt. Add sugar mixture to blackberries, toss to coat fruit. Fill a pastry line 9 inch pie plate with berry mixture. Add top crust, seal edges.
Bake @ 375 for 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.


What? Blackberries are out of season, you say? Don't tell me you haven't got a freezer full from collecting in the summertime??? Anyway....enjoy the recipe and use it someday!! Your friends will be begging on your doorstep for dessert!

6 comments:

Logophile said...

mmmmmmmmm
Will pass that on to the chef of the family.
Sounds yummalicious.
Will you just come and make me some?
I have some black berries in my yard.
I will let you smear blackberries on me.
Come oooooooon

lime said...

that does sound seriously ass-kicking...AND seriously ass-widening, lol....also, awards a medal for meritorious valor in 25 yrs of public laundry scaling ;)

Stephanie said...

Yum!! Cute pic too!!

Bsoholic said...

Awesome, sounds good!

The Village Idiot said...

You mean you are supposed to cook with those things....

Thomcat said...

mmmm - gluten free pie would be the best for me though ...