Monday, October 24, 2005

Tori Tuesday!


Tori and Anthony? Oh my gosh!




Today on Tori Tuesday I present some good rock gossip!!!
Anthony Kiedis is the lead vocalist for the band, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, whose mixture of funk, punk and rock encouraged a legion of other bands to regurgitate the formula. Apparently, there are many rumors surrounding Tori and Anthony. One rumor is that Tori's song, Cloud On My Tongue, is directly about Anthony. The actual facts are as follows: According to Tori in an interview, Anthony came up to her after a concert and said he was a fan of her music and other things which she was too embarrassed to reveal. She went on to say that Anthony is a person you could run away with but that she would never be anyone's habit, so it would never happen. (Download the interview clip) Aside from that, Tori has also mentioned in-concert as an introduction to the song, Cloud On My Tongue that it was about a man who asked her to run away to Borneo with him. However, Tori also mentions "it's not who you think". However, fans have reported hearing her singing the original lyrics "thought I was over the bridge now" as "thought I was under the bridge now". Under The Bridge is the title of a Red Hot Chili Peppers song. Also, the song itself makes reference to a man with tattoos and to Borneo. It is a known fact that Anthony spent time in the jungles of Borneo, among other exotic locations around the world. His journal can be read in the book "De Grote Borneo Expeditie" by Henk Schiffmacher. Anthony also has many tattoos. And finally, many fans also suspect that the cover of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' album, One Hot Minute, featuring a cartoon drawing of a red-haired girl playing a piano with a faerie sitting on it is a nod to Tori.

"The funniest - the most embarrassing thing was Anthony Kiedis from the Chili Peppers came up to me and said 'Hi, I really like your music' and...oh I can't tell you what he said next! But I said, 'What's your name?' (laughs) And I felt so - it wasn't because I'm not a fan of the music it's just that he had the most interesting get up. I didn't know it was a human being. He had this aviator cap on and this whole get up and I didn't realize who it was. And when I found out...I had read an article he had written in Details on the plane a month before I met him and it said - now I'm telling you something you can't like tell him because it'd be very embarrassing - but he said what he would do -- how much he loved women and how he would, um, romance a woman. And with so many men in the business being god knows what. You don't know if they're into dinosaurs or what they're into these days. It was just a real - all the - all the, uh, women I was with were completely just blushing, and we're, you know...so when I met him and I found out who it was, all i could think about was 'I feel like I'm 13 years old. I have to leave because...' Um, I should just shut my mouth! I'm sorry, but it was an interesting embarrassing moment because, you know, it's hard not to like Anthony. Anthony is just somebody that -- let's be honest about it -- he's just somebody that you could run away with. He's that kind of person. But, you know, he'd run away with 10 million women, and I'm not a habit. I'm a lifestyle. I will not be a habit for a man ever so...it can never happen." -- Tori; Interview (Download)

"So I'm gonna tell you this little story and yanno, I know, you need to keep it between us, okay? Just say 'yeah'. (audience cheers 'yeah') So this guy, a few years ago, mentioning absolutely no names, and it's not the obvious, so you'll get it wrong. 199...early 1990 something. I'm doing a show, right? And, umm, in umm...the South Pacific, somewhere. And he waltzes in, right? Very, very, very quite attractive young man. My husband knows all of the groovy details. So he waltzes in, and goes...'Hi. I flew in from Borneo, just to see you.' And I said, 'What are y--..yeah?...And here I am, and I'm going on stage. See ya.' And he goes, 'Wait a minute...wait a minute. I want you to go away with me for four days.' And I said, 'Your timing is very poor, young lad, because my boyfriend is in the other room, who is also taking me away for four days.' And I must say something, girls..the word 'cloning' really did come into mind."-- Tori; in-concert, intro to Cloud On My Tongue
Woo hoo!

11 comments:

onan the bavarian said...

Susie, I've tagged you at my place.

Mara said...

Ooooh what I wouldn't have given for a double yesterday.. I opened the door for the delivery man who had rang the bell and there stood FRIGGIN VIN DIESEL.... NO FREAKIN KIDDING.. could have been twins. I damn near melted on the spot.

Stephanie said...

Cool Tori Tuesday post! RHCP rock!
I think I need to download some Tori songs - what are your favs?

S said...

Well Snavs, that's a loaded question...
Perhaps some live....
Precious Things
IIIEEE
Cornflake Girl
Putting The Damage On
Northern Lad
Blood Roses

How's that for a start?

CozyMama said...

interesting post!!

Bsoholic said...

Interesting indeed.

The Village Idiot said...

Every time i hear RHCP I think tube sock.. I dunno why

Anonymous said...

thanks for the nice comments, barefoot-mistress . . . it's nice to know we're not dancing in the dark . or something.

keep up your blog, too. I love the broken toe - ouch! I can do that with my thumb.

Robin said...

Wow...very interesting!

Logophile said...

I could handle lil Anthony Kiedis

mmm mmm mmm

lime said...

hhmm, i tried to post twice
not ignoring you suse